Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Life is but a dream

I melt
When a sunbeam on my face,
Like a stream of fairy dust,
Leaves me in a daze.

I melt
When a newborn smiles at angels
In his immaculate sleep,
After my crooning song.

When chubby little fingers grab my hand,
When my toes sink deep into cold, salty sand;
When the fragrance of age-old paperbacks,
Get me lost in my duvet covers,
I melt.

I melt
At the sight of heartache,
Even more so, at the sight of conflict.
I melt
With every loss of hope,
Even more so, at the loss of trust.
I melt.

I melt
At new horizons,
At the prospect of new beginnings;
Life.

I melt
When scintillating flavours,
Cover me in warm familiar layers,
And take me home.

I melt
At his striking laughter,
The stolen kisses,
And our deep demeanour.

I melt.
At the soulful blues,
Our rock and roll beats;
Those peace-loving fools.

I melt.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice!!! is this abt someone???
his striking laughter???

Flygirl said...

yes
=)

Anonymous said...

Who???? Really nice writing!!!

Flygirl said...

I'm more interested in knowing your identity, my enthusiastic little anonymous friend
=)

WritingsForLife said...

aww... very beautiful :-)

Nice blog :-)